When Your Neighbour Gets Lonely

Welcome to my blog! 

As a first post on my new blog, I thought I would introduce you guys to a spec of my life. We recently moved, and encountered a special neighbour. She’s got a dog that barks all the time, and she’s never really introduced herself to us. I tried a couple of times to start a conversation with her by saying “Hello!” but all I got back was a cold shoulder, or a (scary) look. 

Right away, my siblings and I decided she was a moody neighbour, and didn’t try to speak to her any further. A couple of times we joked around, and made mistakes accidentally. 

For example, once I was standing behind the curtains in the living room, and saw her coming up to her porch after walking the dog. As a joke, I screamed out “HELLO!” and to my surprise: she turned to look towards me !!!! It’s only then that I realized the living room’s windows were wide open….

Another time, my family and I were coming back home, and we passed by our back yard. I only saw that the neighbour’s backyard was alight, and I - again - screamed out “HELLO!” for fun, and I almost had a heart attack when the neighbour’s dog came out of nowhere and started barking while coming at me ! It did not have a leash, and I started running towards my backyard door, until I heard the neighbour scream “HEY!” to the dog. Then again, she did not greet us. 

After those incidents, I saw the neighbour walking her dog sometimes on my way to the bus stop, and we pretended to not know one another. Personally, I really had a bad impression of her. 

However, yesterday (Christmas Eve), we checked our mailbox, and noticed that we had received a letter from the house beside ours. We did not understand its meaning (I mean, why would someone who lives in the house beside yours send your a postal mail instead of walking up to your door?), so we eagerly opened it to find this cute card, wishing for peace on Earth. 



We have no clue about 3 things:
#1: Why send a letter instead of knocking on our door?
#2: Where did she get our last name? 
#3: …where did that all come from??!!!

My mom and sister baked cookies and bread to thank her for her thoughtful action, and went and knocked on her door to give it to her. However, the lady apparently seemed very confused when my mom & sister thanked her for the card. (Could someone have played around with us?) But she was really grateful for the baked goods, and invited us for a cup of tea one day. 

I personally find these events a little confusing, but the moral of this story would be to never give up on being kind with your neighbours, and to not judge them !


Let me know what you think in the comments !! 

Comments

  1. This lady sounds like a really nice person!
    I've actually had the same thing happen to me not long ago. What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Crochet Amigurumi TATA BT21 Plush

Crochet Amigurumi Van BT21 Plush